- Conductive Thread
- Adafruit Stainless Thin Conductive Thread – 2 ply (the one we used in class)
- Adafruit Stainless Medium Conductive Thread – 3 ply (less resistance, more difficult to use)
- Adafrui Stainless Thin Conductive Yarn / Thick Conductive Thread (more resistance, soft)
- Conductive Fabrics
- Conductive Fabric Tape
- Conductive Ribbon
- Sewable LEDs
- Sewable coin-cell battery holders
- Sewable switches
- Adafruit Flora
- Adafruit Gemma
- Adafruit Circuit Playground (includes sensors)
- Sparkfun Lilypad
- DFRobot Beetle (Bluetooth)
- Create a soft circuit with two LEDs and 1 switch. Schematic as shown.
- You could add more LEDs or more switches.
- The circuit could be on a piece of textile or on clothing.
- Be “creative” with the switch.
UV and solar reactive fabric
computer generated fabrics
Post sketch: Interface: The boundary or shared space between two areas or systems. It allows for interaction between two entities that would otherwise be unable to communicate with each other. Observe your daily interactions with objects, people and the environment. Pay special attention to intimate interactions (direct contact) and come up with 3 ideas for augmenting or deepening the level of interaction. Post them + include your observations.
Purchase part 2 of class kit and bring to class next week. If you are not purchasing part 2 of the kit, please bring your Arduino and USB cable.
Reading: Dress, Language and Communication