For my final project I wanted to use motors and feathers to convey an ill fated attempt at flight. I experimented with different ways of attaching feathers to vibrating motors and different cups for the motors to bounce off of once attached tot he dress. after several 3d printing experiments i decided to print 9 tiny funnel shapes just big enough to cradle the motors. I then constructed the dress using screen printing techniques, stretch mesh, grommets and bias nylon crinoline as a finishing. I decided to use standard insulted wire as the circuitry because of its sculptural capabilities and the tension it draws between tech and garment. While I had initially intended for the dress to make noise as well as vibrate, in order to get the maximum amount of power to the motors I decided to make the dress a straight forward circuit that turns on and off with a switch. I think that in the future I would like to experiment with different ways of incorporating the switch into the garment.
This is a video I made documenting the collection as a whole